Make a Donation
Monetary or in kind donations to support families who are at risk will be appreciated, no matter how small.
- Donate gift certificates to a restaurant, movie theatre, retail store or amusement park.
- Donate time to assist foster families and relative caregivers in need.
- Donate new or lightly used toys or athletic equipment, children’s furniture or clothing.
- Offer a safe, private meeting space at your church or place of business.
- Supply refreshments for community meetings or meetings where placement decisions, informed by community participation, are made for a child.
Monetary Donations, accepted through the Best Friends fund, can be designated for Family to Family.
To make a tax-deductible contribution make checks payable to:
ACTION Council of Monterey County
And mail check to:The Best Friends Fund
c/o Monterey County DSES, Family and Children Services 1000 S. Main Street, Suite 111
Salinas, CA 93901 Or you may charge your designated contribution to your Visa/Master Card, by calling the ACTION Council at (831) 783-1244.
Volunteer or Work in Child Welfare
If you would like to help, let us know how.
Get involved in your community to support children and their families.
- Home maintenance skills to help ensure the safety of a home of a grandmother or uncle, willing to care for their relative’s child.
- Knit afghans or sew baby cloths
- Teach a child to play a musical instrument
- Tutor a child in math, writing, or reading
- Assist at an after school program
Mobilize your neighborhood, local community
Organize your own neighborhood to support families who live there.
Or to apply to be a social worker, office assistant, or social service aide in Monterey County’s child welfare program, click on the following link…..
Business & Individual Support
Family and Children’s Service Support program is for birth families or foster and relative caregivers who are living in a Family to Family coalition area and are in need of support to maintain the child(ren) in the home.
Support individuals work as volunteers.
- Temporary, non-reoccurring child care, excluding overnights
- Activities such as attendance at sporting events; day trips; children’s clubs; dinner outings; general recreational activities; music lessons or other enrichment
- General resource family support
Please refer to our calandar.